Saturday, December 31, 2011

Misfit

Hearts with the sickness are sifted and listed as gifted but misfits rarely feel like they are.
You're my key witness to the madness within us and all I can offer is my journey so far.
Here I am yearning and learning this process of free.
Seeing whatever is meant to be seen. Doing whatever it takes to be me.
And trying not to suffer from the criticism, subject myself to cynicism.
Listen to opinions of those who just don't understand.
A welcome alternative to life in a tourniquet, but this my predicament, to figure it out.
This free flowing mind of mind has me doing double time.
The fire brigade is on its way to shower me down.
The sound of their rifles drowning my words.
Noise of their shots only noise to be heard.
And maybe they can't see the tree for the bird but they are never gonna hold me down.
They'd like to make me choke on their syndicated poison.
Tie me up in knots just to keep me from voicing things that most just cannot see.
Gravity.
The weight of the moon pulls down this tune and later in June I'll put it to song.
But wrong is inevitable. What we learn is material.
I'd rather eat cereal than steak any day.
So take what you need from the pieces around you.
I'm glad that I found you before you read that magazine.
As for your problems, you'll solve them as soon as you learn how to palm them
And juggle them into the next thing that you need.
Freedom is individual. You can't attend your own funeral.
So, make sure those who do
Have something to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment