Monday, December 26, 2011

Work in Progress.

Here I am sitting at a Starbucks close to my sister Cassi's house. As a person who respects all people who honor their belief systems and salvage my own island space to practice mine, I celebrated my first Christmas with my family in perhaps a decade. In the aftershock, my sister- nursing a migraine- got her very large family ready for Family Photos the morning after. I had risen to stress, both financial and emotional, and decided to take my laptop for a walk to the closest coffee spot.

Here I sit. Resonating. Ruminating. Waiting for the fog over my head to clear. I am nearer to the precipice than I have ever been. It is finally sinking in that I truly control my destiny. Like any other precept we conceptually grasp but find it hard to actuate. At times, these spiritual principles are easier to honor. We feel we flow fluidly with them. We understand them. But do we truly Grok them?

Grok is a word coined in Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein. It means to understand so deeply it become a part of your essence. From that angle, I feel as a human being reverberating with Divine Light, I sometimes understand, even overstand, but do not Grok a concept fluidly.

So, here I am. Open vessel. Listening. Hungry to learn. Longing to be free. Passionate as ever. Wading through some very dark waters. Remembering who I am, and why I came to exist in this space at this time. Tuning my melody with a spiritual tuning fork. Harmonizing with nature in a way I have not yet been able to attain. I remain ready. Walking on this narrow road. The road less travelled. Hard and incredibly beautiful.

A work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment